Wednesday, November 9, 2016

im doing something right...........

the day after this election I felt completely defeated. as if all of my efforts that I work so hard for and I hold to a high standard don't really matter. as a woman....no as a black woman I felt so hopeless. so as I woke up this morning with tears in my eyes thinking about the amount of hate that people have and the lack of respect, integrity and character so many Americans have I pulled myself together and got my 4 year old daughter ready for school. I wasn't in the best mood, my emotions were all over the place, and I was undoubtedly tired from staying up to 3 am trying to watch the end of the election results. holding summers hand she lead me to the wall outside of her classroom and showed me so proudly what she wanted to be when she grows up. my mood completely changed as I saw hope in her eyes. she was so proud showing me this, and I was so proud that this is something that she actually wants to do. when it comes to education I am a bit of a tiger mom....she rolls her eyes, and get tired of me repeating things over and over again but in the end she gets it. being a lawyer is something that i've never said to her. so the fact that in her 4 year old mind this is something that she actually wants to do makes me feel hopeful for the little girl that I'm raising and I actually feel like I'm doing something right as a parent.


Adidas: hot pink track suit
Nike shoes
hair accessories: Michaels
after 2 years she finally coming around to being a big sister, lol! they still fight at home but she is so protective of her little sister when we are out and Delilah adores summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment